Sunday, September 2, 2012

Mommy & Son Rules

I recently came across a blog entry that caught my eye. The title of the post read 25 Rules for Moms with Sons. Immediately upon finding out the news that I was in fact going to have a son, a million thoughts ran through my mind....shades of blue, trucks, bugs, dirt, football and to be honest I was a wee bit nervous for this new adventure.

Being that I'm such a girly girl these topics were foreign to me and frankly scared me a little bit. Truthfully, when Miles was born a lot of those fears went out the window. I was so happy to have him in my arms (not in my belly), to hold him and snuggle him and above all that he was healthy and safe - I could care less that he was a little boy because he was MY little boy.

So when I found this post (actually while I was nursing him - which made it that much more special) it absolutely warmed my heart. I found such peace in my heart reading about all of the 25 reasons and it gave me such a positive glimpse into the future of how I can be a better mom to my son. Still crazy to say that! I hope you like this article as much as I did. My favorite number was #25 - "Be Home Base".....that one definitely brought tears to my eyes. Enjoy!


(They also had a few other entries and another one in particular, 28 Rules for Fathers to Sons which I sent to Gregg and he absolutely loved it!)

No comments: