Thursday, June 13, 2013

Stavana Wedding Extravaganza

Miles went on his second flight and first big adventure to San Diego for Shaunna and Jake's big wedding weekend!!! I was a little more freaked out this time around because not only was Miles older and wanted to discover more things, but he was EATING SOLIDS. For any mom who deals with solids (especially a mom who MAKES their baby's solid food) it is a trying battle in itself. So to bring that 'crazy' while traveling is a huge task to take on. Thankfully my friend Lezley helped organize the meal plan with me and helped me deal with all of my crazy anxiety that I usually get before trips.

We bought new snacks and new toys to keep Miles occupied during the entire travel trip. I kept these hidden for a good two weeks and only introduced them RIGHT before we took off so that they were brand new and 'fun' to him. They worked out great!!!!
Miles was a peach during the airport. He was just standing on the furniture and even let me feed him his breakfast while propped up against our carry on luggage! Ha! When a boy wants to eat, he will eat!

Gregg and my dad convinced me the MORNING OF OUR FLIGHT to not bring the stroller that we had already packed. We were literally getting the rest of our stuff together that morning and my dad said "do you really think you'll need the stroller?" Which then got Gregg thinking, "hmmm maybe we don't" which then lad to unpacking and repacking and a whole lot of convincing that we could live without it. I was FREAKED OUT because I had everything planned in my mind, but in the end it worked out well. Last time we brought all of our stuff with us through the airport (through security too which was a blast) but this time Gregg assured me that all of our stuff would be fine checked in and that we didn't need to. I took this picture because I just knew Miles was thinking the same thing I was "please let my car seat and bags make it off the plane, please please please" - of course they did, phew! Daddy wins again!


Right when we got off the plane I ran to the bathroom while Gregg watched Miles. From there I asked Gregg, where's the bag with all of his food?? You should have seen the look on Gregg's face. He immediately dropped our bags and RAN back to the flight. Luckily they hadn't boarded yet so he ran on, got the food and ran off. I couldn't even IMAGINE how awful that would have been, had we left that. Thankfully the food was recovered. Onward to the rental company! 

First stop was physically getting to the rental car. I had Miles ergo'd while pushing two carry on's and Gregg had his bag, the car seat bag, our suit bag and Miles' bag. Good times, we were a sight to see! We thankfully made it to the rental car company and off to our second stop - Whole Foods, San Diego style! 
I had to pick up a couple items from our favorite store Whole Foods (for Miles) but we ended up eating lunch there too which was nice for everyone, to just take a breather.

 Upon arriving I got dressed and ready to go for the rehearsal! But not before I got to see my sweet Tessa girl sleeping in her rock n' play.

I just love this little girl

I spotted my bestie girls Amanda and Jaim and already the picture taking started during rehearsal!!! Love these girls! Gregg and Miles stayed and got acquainted with the hotel room and Miles napped, thankfully in the pack n' play (which he's never done before).

The rehearsal went perfectly and Miles did great being out during dinner/bath time yay! He was exhausted when we got him home but it all worked out and everyone got some sleep that night yay!

The next morning we were up and ready to go in the bridal suite at 7:30am!

All the nursing mom did well bring their babies back and forth. Here's Sarah, Tessa and I!

Here's our beautiful bridey!!!! She looks SO GORGEOUS!
Sweet little nuggie was ROCKING his bowtie!
Miles and Auntie Jaim

My favorite family photo of the weekend!!!!
My Miles and I
Pretty bride Shannie and I
One of my favorite moments, Miles was asleep in the ergo and Gregg paid for a honeymoon dance so they both got to dance with the bride. Just beautiful.
Uncle Dino brought Miles out to the dance floor to catch the garter!
Jaime, Amanda and I


After the fun wedding celebrations we decided to stop by The Buccola's house before we made our way back down to San Diego since they live about 10 minutes from where the wedding venue was.

We had a great time just hanging out and munching on some snacks!

After our fun visit was over we finally made the trek down to San Diego to stay with Sarah and Patrick for two more days! Yippy! That way we could visit more with Tessa. We also made an impromptu visit to the San Diego Zoo which was SO FUN!
After the zoo we QUICKLY stopped by my favorite scrap booking store EVER (thank you husband) and ran over to see our sweet friend Ana and amazing Joaquin!!!!! He is SO MUCH BIGGER than last time and so smart. He has just the best personality which isn't surprising because his mom and dad are pretty spectacular people as well. My heart was SO HAPPY that Ana got to meet and hold our Miles.



We finally ended our trip hanging out with Sarah, Patrick and Tessa a bit longer and made our way to the airport but not before getting me my favorite coffee ever, better buzz!




It was an incredible and super fun trip! I can't wait to go back again!
Until next time San Diego......

No comments: