Saturday, July 24, 2010

Special Visitor

We had a special visitor all last week - ANA! Her and Gregg tried their luck at the lovely CA bar all last week. It was my duty to come home and prepare a feast every.single.night. Needless to say it was a lot of work. My days Mon-Thurs were LITERALLY wake up.work.workout.work.come home.and cook......for two....hours.....straight until they got home. I wasn't anticipating it taking that long every night but I was trying to go for the gold and do some elaborate meals and presentations (aka using the star dish below). I only got pictures of 2 nights but here was the menu all last week.
 Monday - Porkchops with Grilled Red Potatoes and Greenbeans
Tuesday- Grilled Lemon Chicken with Basil Cream Pasta with Broccoli (pictured)
Wednesday - Grilled Turkey Tacos or Shrimp/Lime Tacos with sauce and all topics accompanied with Homemade Spanish Rice and Vegetarian Refried Beans
Thursday - Chicken Catchitori with Garlic Bread and Salad (pictured)
  
  
 The only picture that Ana got all weekend and this was right before she left and I realized we hadn't taken any. It was really fun to have her there all week, I feel like Ana is family and every night we'd get in our pj's, watch mindless tv and just laugh and think of crazy weird things to say about our future children, what they'd look like and what we'd name them. I miss her already....

2 comments:

Mejia Mamma said...

i WANT that star bowl!!! where'd u get it?

Greggory & Kate & Harley said...

i got it at crate and barrell!!!