Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Happy MLK Day


A day too late....I wanted to post about this movie that I saw on Sunday night. It was such perfect timing given that the following day was Martin Luther King Jr. Day. MLK was one of the most profound men to walk this earth and I am so happy that we have an entire day dedicated just to him.

This movie was exceptionally good. I LOVE Emma Stone, she did an incredible job in her role. Her character goes against the grain in her plot which always makes me happy. I am a fan of the rebels and underdogs, always. Movies of this era always inspire and intrigue me, mostly because I can't fathom that this is what every day life used to be like. I'm so happy that things are different today in 2012.

If you get a chance to see it...definitely watch it...and stay for the credits because this song by Mary J. Blige is SO moving.

No comments: