Sunday, March 28, 2010

make your own sushi for your birthday

We spent our Sunday driving to the city for the first time which wasn't bad at all. Actually it was the perfect little drive. As we approched the busy streets and tiny houses all these memories of my childhood flooded in. I was remembering parks and turns and where my old house was. It was a trip down memory lane and so neat to see again!
The reason for our impromptu visit was because my Auntie Susan had invited us over for dinner to celebrate my older cousin Lauren's 28th birthday! The menu was "make your own sushi" and wow......it was the best sushi I've ever eaten. Here is the spread, this isn't even HALF of what was put out....but I had to snap a few pictures quick before I sat down.

The soon to be newlyweds! We can't wait to celebrate with them on their wedding day this coming June!
G and me
MMMMMMM Strawberry dessert! This is different than the one that my mom makes but it was delish!!! We all went back for seconds.....and thirds!! :)
Andrew loved that I made him take this photo. We took two hoping he'd be normal but he wasn't...hahah but honestly they make the picture!
and one family photo...yay!
My Aunt is seriously the best chef (next to my mom) I think it's in their genes or something. It was so neat to have Gregg come and hang out with my side of the family - see the house that I played in and hear all about fun stories and old times. I love that Lauren and I are older now and we can experience these fun times together! Yay - Happy Birthday Lauren!

1 comment:

Mejia Mamma said...

YAYYYY blog updates...so fun! I seriously wanna make my own sushi one day -- YUMMMM