It's official I know how to sew!! I got the cutest sewing book at Barnes & Nobles on Saturday and was determined to make something out of it this weekend. I may or may not have broken my needle the first time I tried to sew something but either way I did it! For my first project I decided to make a sewing machine cover. It was the easiest thing I could find and I wanted to just see if I could do it. About halfway through I decided to get "crazy" and added ribbon piping to the outside. This one is especially cute because it has a pocket on the front. Also - as I was proudly putting the cover over I realized it wasn't going to fit, dangit....so i added in another piece of fabric and spiced it up with some "dingle balls" - that's what I call them. It turned out pretty cute. I was impressed with myself....now on to project #2!