Sunday, July 11, 2010

It's official, I know how to sew!

It's official I know how to sew!! I got the cutest sewing book at Barnes & Nobles on Saturday and was determined to make something out of it this weekend. I may or may not have broken my needle the first time I tried to sew something but either way I did it! For my first project I decided to make a sewing machine cover. It was the easiest thing I could find and I wanted to just see if I could do it. About halfway through I decided to get "crazy" and added ribbon piping to the outside. This one is especially cute because it has a pocket on the front. Also - as I was proudly putting the cover over I realized it wasn't going to fit, dangit....so i added in another piece of fabric and spiced it up with some "dingle balls" - that's what I call them. It turned out pretty cute. I was impressed with myself....now on to project #2!





The End.

3 comments:

Mejia Mamma said...

AWWWW yay, so proud of you bammie... on your way to bein profesh! I needa new sewing machine, you're so stoked that hubby got you one!

Alexis said...

love it!

Becky Jane said...

yay kate!! I'm so proud of you!! You are going to LOVE all the things you can make:)